Thread: Please attend the CFM convention!

Exclamation Please attend the CFM convention!

The annual Conservation Federation of Missouri convention will be held the weekend of February 24th-26th 2012 at the Lodge of the Four Seasons on Lake of the Ozarks. Last year, we got ambushed by the Crossbow Coalition at this event and they made headway into getting crossbows legalized for Missouri's archery season. Their success was primarily due to the lack of participation by the archery crowd at the Archery Resource Committee meeting.

This year, I think, is gonna be worse. With the atlatl now being legal to use in the 2012 archery season, our argument that "a crossbow is not a bow and therefore should not be used in archery season" has been weakened greatly. The X-gun folks will be out in full force and the only way we can fight them is with bodies in the gallery that can vote.

Sooooo....if you are not busy on Saturday, February 25th, please plan to attend this convention. The Archery Resource Committee meeting will be some time in the morning, between 9 and noon.

If you need any more details, just holler!

Darren
    Last edited by Rick Wakeman; 02-18-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Usually the Archery has been after the Deer Committee this year they have been switched.
    You do need to be registered to vote so check in if you are attending.

I'll be there this year. Sorry I missed last year but I knew it was just a matter of time until things hit the wall.

Every year there are fewer experienced bowhunters attending? I guess since we have not been pushing for anything new hunters have just been letting this slide?? If you have any ideas of something you would like to see or add there may be time to make a resolution so get it out there for discussion! Pre-filed Resolutions have priority in the committee!!

Hope more of you can make it there!!!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by dhaverstick View Post
    With the atlatl now being legal to use in the 2012 archery season,

Darren
    When did this happen?

The atlatl became a legal method for taking deer in Missouri for the first time during the 2010 firearms deer season. The atlatl may be used during all portions of the firearms deer season, with the exception of the muzzleloader portion.

http://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/st-louis-...ke-deer-atlatl

Click on One Throw....One Kill in above link at the bottom of page and it says "Beginning with the 2012-2013 deer season, atlatls will be a legal method during the archery deer and turkey hunting season as well as the fall firearms deer season, including the muzzleloader portion."
    Last edited by Rick Wakeman; 02-18-2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: adding info

Well Darren, Brian, Scott Hesterly and myself made it to the meetings. It was chaired by Dick Wood another UBM, MBH, CFM Member so we had some representation there.
    No threat of the crossbow introduction there BUT according to Neven's post in the other Forum there may be an end around attempt being made again??

Thanks to those who made the meetings this weekend!!!

Tom

Thumbs up

A BIG thank you to Darren, Brian, Scott Hesterly and Tom for taking their time to represent the UBM at the CFM meetings.